So this has begun. Probably should have over a year ago.
Dry-erase markers and mirrors are a match made for caring for adult parents… especially in the bathroom! Things are pretty fluid (no pun originally intended, but I’ll work with it!) in the bathroom with aging parents. So a dry-erase marker allows you to make, and quickly adapt as needed, a healthy list of todos which are right in front the person that needs to see it.
- Dry-erase markers allow you to quickly adapt a routine as necessary.
- Dry-erase markers make it easy to update or change the routine to keep the look fresh… if it’s not changing I’ve found dad gets used to it and doesn’t refer to it anymore.
- Dry-erase allows you to add color into it to change things up if it helps.
- You can easily work with your parent to update the list (whether you really need to or not – allowing him or her to participate).
- If your parent has an over-the-dresser mirror in his/her bedroom, dry-eraser magic allows you to build bedroom lists as well!
What else… add to my list in the comments. How can dry-erase markers increase the quality of life/care for those of us caring for our parents?
2 thoughts on “Dry-erase Magic”
This is an excellent idea! My mom stays up later than I do. This is a great way to remind her to take her meds at bedtime and remove her hearing aids! Nice! Will this convince my dad to shower regularly? Doubtful.
I’m not sure there’s anything to convince our parents that showers are important for hygiene… I have however, on more than one occasion, pulled out the old “Were the rules we had growing up only important when we were growing up, or is
still something we should do when we are adults?” argument Suzanne!